Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pamela Gallegos Interview by Kess InHouse

Indulge your cultural senses with Pamela Gallegos!

by Kess InHouse



Pamela Gallegos, formally Pom Graphic Design has used her indulgent sense of travel & adventure to create the beautiful artwork we are proud to carry at Kess Inhouse. From a young age, she started with doodles and eventually progressed into aztec, ethnic, and even native motifs. Pamela has been inspired by different cultures like the Inca culture. This totally makes sense as her artwork is beautifully crafted and inspiring! We thought today of all days would be the perfect day to give you the background story on our beautiful artist Pamela. Why, you may ask? Today is Pamela's birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAMELA! After being born and raised in Peru and relocating to the US, Pamela truly has a sense for many different cultures, patterns, and colors!

We feel privileged to be feature Pamela on all of our product line and to have had her take time from her busy artistic schedule to answer some Q&A's that I'm sure all of her fans and our KESS fans are dying to read!

http://kessinhouse.com/pages/pom-graphic-design
KIH:  What is your first memory as an artist? 
PG: Probably since high school when I was day dreaming and doodling in any piece of paper, chair, table or object I found. Going further on explaining a little bit more about myself I have always had this traveling sense of adventure in me from the time that I was old enough to travel by myself and in the company of good friends. I decided to move to the states because I felt like I needed more to grow personally. I have always been very interested in learning more about different cultures and different ways of living life. Both have always intrigued me. I took the big step of leaving my country and family at the age of 19. It was not so difficult going by myself; actually that was the adventurous part. The hardest part was leaving my family. Once I got to the US I worked non-stop for one year, entered college and received my Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale. Since then I have been passionately pursuing my career as an artist.

KIH:  What is your creative process? 
PG: I create my art with rapidograph, pencil, oil, acrylics, markers and colors.
In my art I communicate life, energy and forces of nature in its abstract form. You can see many organic and geometrical multicolor or black and white shapes in each piece, with tribal, Aztec, ethnic and native motifs as well.
I also get my inspiration from different cultures and art movements. For example, some of my work has certain influence from my Inca culture, and native icons. These influences are not only from nature elements, but from animal elements as well. My art also has some Egyptian influences. An art movement that inspires some of my work is Art Nouveau, especially the organic shapes and fluidity that you will observe in my art.

KIH: What was your first medium? 
PG: oils & canvas

KIH: What is your favorite medium? 
PG: Rapidograph & bristol paper

KIH: What is your favorite color right now? 
PG: turquoise always

KIH: What common threads do you find show up in your work? 
PG: Usually abstract representations of nature; the sun, the moon, spirals, rain, fire, river, wind, tribal motifs, geometric and organic shapes as well.
And all of those elements happen to be with me in my art because at a very young age I started to feel a very strong connection with the spiritual world, and started to listen to my body and the energy that flows in it. It made me discover many things about people, the whole universe and myself.
I have many theories about life, and the path of self- discovery. Nature is my life, the harmony that can be created in each sense, each smell, each sensation, the cycle of life, the wind, rain, trees, the moon, Mother Earth is the maximum expression of my inner soul and life where I can find my inner balance whilst interacting harmoniously with all the elements and forces of life, while at the same time experimenting a feeling of unity with it all.

 KIH: Where do you do most of your work? 
 PG:In my small studio at this place called hogar ♥
http://kessinhouse.com/pages/pom-graphic-design




Find me on FACEBOOK | TWITTER | WEBSITE | SOCIETY6  | PINTEREST | ETSY 

Copyright © 2013 Pom Graphic Design  


2 comments:

  1. You have an excellent weblog. SEO is become very essential in the market of web creating and creating , because there are so many website on the web so it is very complex for the customer to select the best web style organization.
    Graphic Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. It is really helpful for people like me who wants to pursue career in Graphic Designing. Buy Etizolam Online

    ReplyDelete